Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Vegan Recipes to Share?

If anyone out there has some great vegan recipes that you'd like to share, please do!! People think that being vegan leaves very little to eat. That opinion couldn't be further from the truth. My diet has expanded and includes so many more foods cooked or prepared in so many vastly different ways, I don't think my diet has EVER been so wonderfully diverse, and tasty. Diversity means more nutrients, more enzymes, a more balanced diet and better health. It's totally up to you as to what your food choices are. People are also under the misconception that you can't be vegan without eating a ton of soy. This is so untrue. I do not eat soy or tofu, PERIOD. It's far from healthy. If going vegan is something you've been thinking about and have questions or concerns, please, feel free to ask them, I am more than happy to answer. Vegans are vegan for a plethora of reasons. Some for health reasons alone, some for moral issues, some for a bit of both and some just because they want to.  I am BY NO MEANS preaching that everyone should eat a plant based diet. That is your choice and you have every right to eat the way you want and the things you want, without judgement. I don't believe in giving people a hard time for their diets, no matter what they consist of, unless of course you come in to see me and have a myriad of health concerns/problems. In that case, it's my JOB to analyze, pick apart and explain to you WHY your diet is making you sick and what you need to change in order to regain your health. That's what you're paying me for ;).

Vegan diets also vary to crazy degrees. I know over weight, unhealthy vegans (these ones typically stick to processed crap 'foods' and empty calorie junk - just goes to show, no matter which lifestyle choice you decide to make, there is always room to do it in a very unhealthy manner) and I know vegans who look and feel at least 10 years younger than they are. They are at their optimal weight, some are body builders, they rarely, if ever get sick and they eat nothing but whole, clean foods.

So however you eat, HAPPY EATING! And most importantly, enjoy and savour your food!

I will continue to post some of my best recipes and feel free to try them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment