Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Vegan Coconut Based Yogurt Review - So Delicious Brand

So I recently tried the So Delicious Vegan Coconut (soy and GMO free) cultured yogurt. It's different. Not really similar to typical yogurt, but I do like it. I bought the plain one (to avoid excess sugars). A friend of mine bought the Vanilla one. He liked it, a lot. He had the same opinion though, definitely different than yogurt, but still yummy. I'm not sure I'd buy it often though. For one, it's quite expensive, and second, as I said, I do like it, I'm just not sure how MUCH I like it. It's really hard to describe the flavour. You can taste coconut, it's smooth and creamy and VERY thick with a slightly sour aftertaste (though this may be due to the fact I got an unflavoured one). What I DO like about it is that it's cultured, which means it has LIVE probiotics in it, and who couldn't use more probiotics? I'm going to see what other uses it may have outside of just being a yogurt. I think you could use it to make a "cream" sauce, add it to smoothies, make pudding type dishes out of it, possibly add some vanilla and honey and use it as a whipped topping, add it to oats....I can see MANY uses for this stuff :). If you decide to try it, let me know what you think. If I get creative and use it in some recipes or for other things and it turns out well, I'll post about it :).

No comments:

Post a Comment