Saturday, March 24, 2012

Recipe Rant

I follow a few blogs myself, as I'm sure many of you here do as well. I mostly follow food blogs, because, well, I love food. I tend to follow food blogs because along with loving food, I also love to cook. I'm a total fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants cook who always has a note pad and pen in the kitchen with me so I can record my delicious creations ('alway's' may be a slight exaggeration, and 'slight' is a little closer to 'colossal') but I DO try my best to record what I did, usually after the meal has been eaten and enjoyed. Heck, if it wasn't enjoyed, why would I write it down? I have a few 'signature' dishes that I had zero help from the internet in creating that are really popular with friends and family, and as time goes on, you'll see them posted here. That being said, when you snoop through enough blogs, recipes and the like and you're bound to find something at the very least similar, and a lot of times, pretty much the same. That's the nature of cooking and creating. What drives me totally insane is when some commenter accuses the blogger of stealing the recipe (I just saw this on a much loved blog that I follow and it really ticked me off). Are you serious? And really, why do you care? If I EVER post a recipe that I didn't create on my own, I either ask permission to post it on my site and give credit where it is due or I'll just link the recipe and you can get it off the other blogger's site. I've seen a TON of "my" recipes all over the net and I know full well they weren't stolen from me because I've never posted them, and I know full well I didn't steal them from someone else either. This happens with anything and everything, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Heck, I've seen recipes that I've come up with out of the blue almost word for word (or ingredient for ingredient) in a cookbook that I've purchased. It happens, and you know what, it's no big deal. The recipes are posted on blogs for everyone to enjoy, so why can't we all just do that? Make delicious food, share (or not, especially if it's chocolate, hehehe) and enjoy! Rant over. More recipes to come soon! If there are any particular recipes you are interested in, let me know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment