Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Most Delicious Gluten Free, Processed Food Free Vegan Pizza....EVER.

I have been meaning to try this for ages, so tonight was the night as I was really craving pizza. What I wasn't craving was the heavy, glutinous flour crust, the grease and the junk filled cheese, so I made a pizza using Socca as the crust and nutritional yeast as a cheese replacement. Wow. Absolutely delicious, probably one of the best pizzas I've ever had, traditional or not.

This was my pizza: Socca topped with tomato sauce, black olives, red peppers, green onions, tomato and a very generous serving of nutritional yeast (not only does it replace the cheese, it's PACKED full of Vitamin B12). So yummy and it made a great stand in for traditional pizza. It actually tastes better and is so much healthier. I wasn't sure if it would suffice for the craving, but it absolutely did. You can find great Socca recipes on the net, but I'd be happy to post one here if you like. Just let me know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment