Friday, March 16, 2012

Roasted Butternut Squash

I love butternut squash. I actually like most squash, but butternut is definitely one of my favourites. The other night I decided i wanted to cook it a little differently than normal. I usually just bake it with some kind of filling, or bake it and top it with some kind of sauce but I've been on a roasted veggie kick lately and wanted to try that out. What I did was skin and cut my raw butternut squash into chunks (similar to preparing potatoes for roasted potatoes), put them into a bowl and tossed them with fresh crushed garlic, sea salt and black pepper. You can add a touch of oil (grapeseed or whatever you like), but I don't think it's necessary. I lined a cookie sheet with tin foil, spread out the squash and popped them into a 425 degree oven for approx. 20 minutes. Time will depend on the size of your chunks and how well you want them cooked. They turned out wonderfully. If you let them cool a little on the tin foil, they're very easy to remove.

No comments:

Post a Comment