Thursday, February 23, 2012

When Tree Sap Strikes, Here's What To Do...

Ok, this may be the one and only downside to having a wood stove; the evil sap monster...So I head outside to grab an armload of wood, in my new hoodie, of course. Why oh why would I put something grubby on to do such a quick and easy task? This is exactly why a lot of my clothes have paint stains on them...I never learn. Anyway, I dump my wood into the wood holder thingy, step back outside onto the deck and proceed to brush off bits of bark when lo and behold what do I see? A big blob of goo. At first I thought some poor little slug got smooshed on me, which was bad enough, but oooh nooo, it was worse, MUCH worse. Sap. Ugh. Slug would have been a lot easier to wash out. So, being me and not owning anything that even resembles industrial stain remover, which I highly doubt would have worked on sap anyway, I get thinking. MUST.SAVE.HOODIE. Think, think, think. Hmmm, what removes sticky, gluey messes? Rubbing alcohol. Of course, I have none of that either, but what I DO have is some old hand sanitizer (it's a miracle it somehow avoided being thrown out for this long). I squirt a blob onto the sap stain, rub it in and voila, no sap, no stick, no mess. Hoodie saved! Everyone wins and no one sees the inside of a garbage can. So if you ever have a run in with sap, whip out the ol' hand sanitizer and save your clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment