Monday, February 20, 2012

More food. Yeah, I know, it's an obsession.

Not too long ago I discovered Socca. There is nothing you can't do with this amazing flat bread. You can  pour a small amount of the batter into a pan and swirl the same way you make crepes and use it for wraps (or even dessert crepes, so unbelievably good), you can add veggies/herbs to the batter and make savory pancakes (batter adjustments are needed, but I will post those with the recipes), you can cut the traditional Socca into triangles and serve it with dips or hummus, use it as bread for a sandwich and even use it as gluten free, yeast free, highly nutritious pizza crust (it'll be thin crust style). I think it's the most versatile food I've ever come across and it's absolutely delicious. Simple and quick to make, gluten and grain free and packed with healthy goodness. Socca is served in France at street vendors as a snack. YUM. I will post the insanely easy recipe soon.

A quick note: You can either cook traditional Socca in the oven OR you can cook in on the stove top in a cast iron skillet. It's totally up to you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment