Monday, July 2, 2012

MIA.....But Back....

So I'm now well into my bodybuilding/weightlifting routine as a vegan. The results are good. Great, in fact. I've done physical jobs in the past, always been fairly active but never have I gained muscle faster or recovered faster than I have since I converted to being vegan. To be honest, since January, I have slipped up a handful of times indulging in sushi (a couple of times), one steak (YUCK - totally lost my taste for those....), a piece of organic pepperoni and fish tacos. That being said, I felt pretty gross after eating the red meat, and just ok after the fish. I feel better with them totally eliminated. I have more energy, less digestive issues, less bloating, and all round just feel lighter. I'm a high raw vegan. Or high raw plant based, whichever works. I don't like titles, I don't like labels, but I am constantly asked how I eat, so I guess, to make it easy for others, plant based seems very self explanatory. I personally find it VERY easy to eat this way. Oh, and another benefit, which I should mention if anyone out there plans to make dietary changes, since I've been vegan the pain I experience daily from serious injuries caused by an MVA 4 years ago have significantly lessened. Very significantly. This was a very welcome side effect :). So all in all, this was a very good change for me. I was high raw before, but did eat some meat (maybe a few times a month). My meat intake had decreased to almost nothing over the past couple of years, so the transition was pretty easy. I'm really loving how I feel and the results I'm seeing at the gym! Anyone out there who doesn't think you can gain and maintain muscle, weight lift or body build being vegan is very, very wrong. More and more professional MMA fighters, athletes and bodybuilders are becoming vegan, and they're not only still holding their own, they're WINNING! :) Welcome to clean eating and a strong, healthy body!

No comments:

Post a Comment