Thursday, July 26, 2012

A Fitness Update: My Adventures In Bodybuilding Thus Far.

I haven't posted for a while regarding my workouts and fitness so I thought I'd update everyone. I recently found a new bodybuilding partner who has kicked my butt back into gear and out of my stagnant lifting routine. She has a plan, a program and heavy determination. I always had the heavy determination, it was the program I was lacking, enter my bestest bodybuilding bud ever! Her program has officially kicked my arse all over the gym and then wiped the floor with it. Even my toes are sore. I haven't been sore from a workout, no matter how hard I pushed (even to the point of near injury) in months, so this is a welcomed pain. Back on track and hitting it hard. My gains are incredible thus far, even with my willy nilly fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants routine I was following before. This new program has certainly kicked things up a bit. This makes me happy. I also did enough research, talked to enough people and came to the conclusion that it was probably time to start supplementing. I had (have) plateaued, and I was frustrated. So along with a mostly raw, 99.9% plant based, whole food diet I have incorporated a CLEAN Creatine HCl (which does NOT cause intestinal upset, bloating or cramps and the only ingredients on the label should be Creatine HCl - capsule form is best) and CLEAN all natural BCAAs (Branch Chain Amino Acids), both to aid in repair therefore building strength and endurance. Today is only day three....I am going to try this out for 2 months (the supply I bought) and see how I feel and if I think it's worth carrying on with. It's the Creatine that can be iffy. Some people get great results, some get next to nothing. The BCAAs are very important though, so I'll probably end up sticking with them for sure, and if I see vast improvement with the Creatine, I'll stick with that as well. So far, so good. I'm considering posting before and after pictures here on the blog. I have some before pictures (almost before pics, I had only been hitting the gym lightly as a re introduction for about a month or so....not much in the way of gains...still just skinny), I would like to get some pics done this weekend and then again in 6 weeks when the 12 week program is complete. (I have NOT been along for the full 12 week program, I stepped in half way through, but I had basic weight training/bodybuilding gains prior to, so it should give a pretty good idea as to the transformation you could expect from the program following it through from beginning to end). The final 4 weeks of the program is cutting and getting competition ready. I'm going to tweak it as I'm already cut (very little body fat) and I want to continue to build. I will follow the routine, just use heavier weights than cutting calls for and continue with my active rest breaks between sets. The 12 week bodybuilding program we are following is NOT for the faint of heart. It's tough. REALLY tough, but SO effective. My partners gains (which I've seen thru her weekly pictures) BLOW my mind. Amazing. The key to getting the body you want is CLEAN eating, hard work and persistence. Abs are made in the kitchen :). There is no truer statement than that. Stick to a whole foods diet and you'll have the tummy you want in no time. I'm loving this journey so far. Absolutely LOVING it. Ladies, bodybuilding and weight training is the way to go for a toned, sexy, strong body. Have a great day everyone, I'm off to the gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment